Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain, rain go away

I'm pretty sure it's a monsoon outside. I almost blew away while out and about today-so when I got back around 5 I decided I was not leaving the apartment again.
I decided to treat myself to a good brunch for surviving midterms, so of course I went to Alice's Tea Cup. It's one of my fave places in NYC. Usually I get scones, a sandwich, or soup, but today I decided to go for something on their brunch menu-Alice's Curious French Toast. So much deliciousness. Peach brandy tea-soaked bread with all the usual yumminess as well. Fantastic. Well, apart from the old lady sitting at the next table who leaned over and said, "Well that looks like a good diet food..." Not in the "oh that looks good" way...the "should you really be eating that" way. Sure didn't stop me from enjoying it, though, along with my Indian Chai tea :)
While I was up that way, I stopped at the J.Crew at Columbus Circle. It's been ages since I've been there. I found a pair of shorts I loved but I'm waiting to see if they'll go on sale or maybe a good deal will come up soon-$50 is still kind of a lot to me.
I think these will be super cute on their own or with tights underneath...transition piece? Maybe I can justify it to myself...
I did score a couple bangles and a headband though! It's funny how I won't hesitate to drop $10 or under on an item, even if I definitely don't need it. But I do have a deep and abiding love for headbands. I have some sparkly ones from H&M in Berlin that I love, as well as my favorite one ever-it's blue satin with a peacock feather from the Young Designers' Market. Even if my buddy constantly makes fun of it...so I decided it needed a fun new friend, hence the flowery one that I will definitely be rockin' tomorrow.
Please forgive the inexpert fashion pics...I'm still learning how to do all this online stuff, although I think ShopStyle is working-you should be able to click on the pics to link to J.Crew (via ShopStyle).
I also stopped by my new fave chocolaterie, Varsano's, for some treats to take back to MI with me. I had the owner fill a small box with all his faves, plus of course I had to buy a piece to eat this evening. Dark chocolate almond toffee...so delish. Good thing they wrapped the box and even tied it up with ribbon, otherwise it could be in serious trouble! :)
Mmmmm...I think it might be time for one of those shortbread cookies I made the other day...
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment