Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm back!

I had spring break last week, which I'm totally using as an excuse for being the least productive person ever. I went back home very early Monday morning and just hung out with the fam and a couple friends. I worked a bit too-but that work was taking care of super adorable dogs and cats, so it barely counts. I got to see my friend Megan for St. Patrick's Day (we ate Guinness brownies and talked for hours) and my friend and summer coworker Caroline for a great lunch in downtown Ann Arbor. I had forgotten how insane University of Michigan students can be on this holiest of days...I was somewhat afraid one would stumble in front of my car. No joke, I heard a girl say "I don't even know where I am". At 11:45am. Very amusing, but it makes me feel like an old lady-I could never do that, not even at night...I like to be asleep around midnight because I'm a granny. It's ok, I've come to terms with it.
Then I got back to NYC Thursday night (very very late) and worked Friday-Saturday-Sunday, so I missed all the sunshine here by being cooped up inside. Now, of course, it's raining again. At least I got rainboots while I was in A2! :)
I love these. Mommy dearest bought them for me at DSW as a belated Christmas present and they made me so happy today. No more wet feet for me!
I also bought myself a little treat to use my $10 coupon for being a member of their rewards program (before it expired).
the Steve Madden Diablo boot...but mine are black.
My brother immediately deemed these my "swashbuckler" boots, despite them being labeled as Western. I have to say, for once I think I agree with him. Hey, does this mean Johnny Depp and I can be BFFs now? Please? :)
I also bought a pretty awesome pair of sunnies, since I left mine in NYC. My brother told me it was supposed to be pretty grey when I was in town, and silly me, I believed him. I bought them at Marshall's for $13...I had no idea they were $55 at Nordstrom! I feel like such an intelligent shopper now, ha.

Hopefully the sun will return soon so I can wear them again!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment