Monday, January 11, 2010

So far I've read

Modoc: The True Story of the Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived by Ralph Helfer
  • good story
  • poor writing-the author sounds like he is just trying too hard. As my mom said, it's like he went through after he wrote the first draft and thought "now, what adjective-or 3-can I put here?" in front of EVERY noun. But the story is worth it.
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler (again)
  • I really like this book. Not sure why-I think it's a combination of my love for Jane Austen and the fact that it's a great easy read for curling up on the couch, fighting for space with a cuddly Cavalier and a sometimes-cuddly-otherwise-grumpy cat.
  • I have no desire to see this movie.
Yes, I re-read books all the time because
a) I'm accidentally a speed reader. No really, I wish I could read more slowly but I can't. So I reread to get the details I missed the first time. I've read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe series at least 5 times, no joke.
b) I get bored and can't possibly buy enough books to only read things once. I wouldn't have money to eat. And then I'd be grumpy all the time, and believe me, you don't want that.

P.S. I'm searching for a pair of tall cognac boots...flat-low heel, as my Aldo ones from last year are irreparable. :( Any ideas, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment