Saturday, January 30, 2010

I live in a freezer

It was in the low teens today. And yesterday. Every time I went outside, I thought to myself, "Oh, I can't wait to get back in my room where it's warm!" Well. Yes, it is warmer than outside, but not nearly warm enough. I'm not one of those people who needs to have my room feel like a tropical rainforest but I don't appreciate having to wear a long sleeve tee + 2 sweatshirts and leggings + sweats. I think if I put on any more clothes I wouldn't be able to move. The odd thing is that my heat is on...maybe it's just down really low? I have a sneaking suspicion that it is mainly the windows, though-I can feel a constant draft through them. Anyway, I sent NYU a work request and hopefully they'll fix it tomorrow...cause I'm turning into a popsicle!
In other news...I'm still working and going to class...exciting, huh. I'm learning a lot at work and will be closing on my own soon-eek! Not really excited for that. I think nervous/dreading it would be the words I'm looking for. Oh well.
I keep reminding myself that this job is going to enable me to have a social life, for which I am too tired/busy for at the moment. Hopefully soon I'll readjust to the intense scheduling that is my life here. Then I can afford yummy dinners and fun shows and movies and shopping! I am going to go ahead and buy a new winter coat since the one I've been lusting after since last year has gone on sale...I'll show you once I get it :)
Oh and P.S. My friend Danni is coming to visit Monday! I'm trying to get all my work done ahead of time so I don't have to do it while she's here...can't wait. We have soooo much fun together!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment