Friday, January 22, 2010

I have a job!

And I'm gonna be makin' the monies :)
I spent the last week interviewing (and freaking out pre- and post-interview) for a job at Papyrus. In case you don't know the store, it sells a beautiful range of greeting cards as well as trinkets, style books, and wrapping supplies, and also does custom printing orders. I love this store far too much-I'd better not take advantage of the employee discount too often. Anyway, the job is for a "keyholder" position, which means I'll be closing, opening, etc. Kind of scary, actually, for someone who has never worked retail. Responsibility-eek!

This is also a huge relief as the start of school has been draining my bank account like whoa. Textbooks of course are crazy expensive, plus moving back NYC means I have to restock on the basics-and boy are they expensive. I'd forgotten things like laundry detergent are at least twice as expensive as in MI.
Plus, now I get to go shopping! The uniform is black and white and my only black shoes are sneakers and high-heeled boots. Not really ok for a job/standing all day. So I really need some comfy black flats...woot shopping trip tomorrow! I haven't gone since I got back to the city...crazy I know. And now I have a very legitimate reason. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment