Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I really need to learn about food photography

So far this year I've made:
pumpkin pies
  • no pictures, but I took one to a party and it was well-received, as was the one Mom and the bro ate
  • recipe from the can of pumpkin and pre-made crusts. It was New Year's Day...no way was I making crusts from scratch.
sun-dried tomato, asiago, and parmesan risotto
  • also no pics, also well-received by myself, Mom and the bro
  • recipe loosely based on this mushroom risotto

crème brûlée french toast with "mimosas"

  • OMG so delicious, but sooo sweet. I haven't been able to eat a dessert since.
  • based on this recipe, although Mom refused to buy Grand Marnier for one brunch, so I substituted more vanilla and a few drops of orange extract
  • for the "mimosas" we used orange juice (duh) and sparkling water...we all needed to be driving afterward...so yeah, no champagne.
chocolate chip-heath cookies
  • Some of my friends from Ann Arbor Civic Theatre and I often get together for movie nights when I'm back in A2, and I have become the official baker. I don't think they'd let me in if I came without baked goods...so I threw these together in about 10 minutes. Literally. 
  • Again, based on a recipe, but we didn't have nearly enough chocolate chips (which is strange, cause I feel like I'm always buying them...) so I added in some heath chips as well. I also like to change a little vanilla for almond extract because I just love the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment